Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tutorial: Halloween Spiders

Even arachnaphobiacs can appreciate these cute little buddies. They're adorable, easy to make, inexpensive, and most importantly-- totally not creepy!

I bought some styrofoam balls in various sizes and spray painted them black. All the kids on my street wanted to know what I was up to with these balls on sticks stuck in my grass.
After the paint dried, I glued a small ball to a large ball to form a head and body.

I added wiggly eyes and pipe cleaner legs, and here we are:

Two spiders ( a mom and a baby according to my girls) hanging from their spider web in our family room!

I wanted to give you a heads up-- in November I will be doing a special feature called "Thankful To Be A Mother." It will include my favorite tips, crafts, and thoughts centered on being a good mother. Be sure to check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment