Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do You Like to Eat?

Do you like to eat? Because I sure do. I don't particularly enjoy cooking/baking, but I sure do like to eat food that tastes good. One of my good friends is a foodie and has shown me the world of recipe blogs, so I thought I'd share some with you. I promise I've tried every recipe I mention here and have loved it!
1. http://www.itwasamazing.blogspot.com/
My friend Kristi started this blog a couple of years ago. It's great because a whole bunch of different people contribute, and the only rule is that it has to be something they actually ate in their family. So you get some really healthy ideas, some that are for huge groups (like the girl who posted the recipe for enough chicken salad sandwiches to feed her Super Saturday), and some that are simple and easy.
Here are some of my favorites:
cilantro chicken , Monterey chicken, spinach stuffed chicken breasts, brocolli and bowties, fiery fish tacos.

2. http://www.ourbestbites.com/
I just found this one about a month ago so I haven't tried too much yet. But I do really love the ones I've tried, especially the Monster Munch. I made some of that for a Halloween party and have made it twice since then. I just love it!
Apple streusel bars, monster munch, chicken taquitos.

3. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/
I've been following this blog for more than a year, and I really do find most of my new recipes here. She seems to have much the same tastes as me, which is awesome. I do not think there is a single recipe I've tried from her site that I haven't liked. That's pretty strong praise. My favorites are:
Chicken fajitas, lemon and garlic grilled chicken, skillet chicken with brocolli and parmesan (very similar to Penne Rosa from Noodles & Co.) , stir fry basil chicken, slow cooker Italian beef, southwest rice and bean salad.

I dare you to try something new this week! What are your favorite recipe sites? I'm always hungry for more. ha, ha.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm I'm hungry now! One of my new favorites is perrysplate.com, give it a try! I just found this one but am looking forward to trying the malibu chicken. I tried her popcorn recipes and it was yummy!

    I love talking food with you Laurs! Thanks for always being willing. Wow, I didn't talk to you at all this week, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,
    I loved looking through your blog. I am excited to keep following it.
    I was just telling Kyle the other day how much I love the friends we made in our first married ward. I told him I need to get in touch with some again - you were the first person I thought of. We need to get together sometime - we'll trek down there!

    ReplyDelete