Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kid Activity: Numbers

Technology is not really my friend today. My camera is busted (yes, my $500 camera. I'm so mad!) and my Word program won't open. So, here's a super simple idea to do with your kids without a photo.

Write the numbers 0-10 on individual cards and scramble them up. Have your child put the numbers in order. See if he can do it in descending order as well. Ask him to pull out a certain number (ie 6). You could also pull out two at a time and see if he can add them.

This is a simple way to see if your child recognizes the symbols we use to represent numbers. This came home as homework for our kindergartener, but our preschooler could do it too. So often kids surprise you with things they have picked up without you noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment