Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: Maxi Dress

My best friend lived in Texas for a couple years and met lots of cool people, many of whom are bloggers. So, because I'm a weirdo like that, I occasionally check their blogs, in spite of the fact that I've never actually met them. It's almost like we're friends by association with Kristi. Or like I am a psycho, take your pick.
I figured that's what I was doing when I started reading Freckles in April, since Kayla lives in Texas and was recommended by Kristi. She has a Mormon Mommy fashion blog that is a pretty fun read, especially since Kayla is funny and her style is not freakish. In fact, the more I check her blog, the more I realize that you don't have to wear T shirts and jeans every day just because you're a mom. Although, honestly, I haven't even been getting out of my pj's the last few days because I've been painting furniture like a madwoman. But I digress...
So I like Kayla, I like her blog, I like her style. And one day, she posted about a maxi dress from Target.




When I saw it, I totally loved it and here's why:

1. Maxi dresses are in style and I think they're cute. That's the ultimate incongruity for me.
2. Maxi dresses are fitted on top and loose on the bottom. Perfect for a burgeoning baby belly like I have these days.
3. Maxi dresses are made of lightweight material, so they feel great in the summer heat.
4. They're not too expensive. I got mine at Target for $20, and right now they're on sale for $17.99. I'm a little bummed I bought mine last week. :(

I've worn it a couple times and have loved it. I even wore it to a birthday party for one of my kids' friends (you know the kind of party you go to where you just know that you're going to be the black sheep because everyone else going is trendy and wealthy? It was that kind of party.) and another one of the moms was wearing the same dress in a different color. So then I felt pretty good about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment