Sunday, July 4, 2010

Anniversary


The 4th of July kind of marks my anniversary in the world of crafting. Last year I had a little help and made these pillow case dresses for my girls for the 4th. When I saw how easy and fun sewing could be, I was hooked.
I'm posting this because it's fun for me to see how far I've come in just a year, and to realize how far I have to go. Crafting shouldn't be something on your "To Do" list, something that you dread. It should be something that is fun and somewhat relaxing. It should be something that excites and inspires you.
I truly believe that everybody's got their somethin' (wish I knew which movie that's from, since I'm always quoting it). Maybe for you it's not sewing, spray painting, or repurposing like it is for me. Maybe it's cooking, or writing, or photography. Maybe it's sports or nature or bungee jumping. Whatever it is, if it's something that makes your heart happy then you should do it. There are a lot of demands on our time as women and mothers, but we need to make time to develop our talents and fill our wells. We'll be better for it. And maybe, just maybe, the world will be cuter (or tastier or more adrenaline filled or whatever) for it too.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, we all do need a little something. (found you via Made, btw)

    ReplyDelete