Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How to Unclog a Drain

I have really thick hair. I haven't decided whether this is a blessing or a curse-- but I do know that it results in my bathroom sink getting clogged with hair. About once a year or so I have to unclog it, and I thought I'd show you my method (which was recommended by a plumber). Prepare to be grossed out!
Tools required: old towel, gloves, wire hanger
Place a towel underneath your drain. Then, unscrew this little U shaped pipe. It shouldn't be too hard, I didn't need a tool or anything. It will drip water, which is why you have your towel there.
Then use your hanger to push all that clogged hair down the drain. Nasty!
Next, stick the hanger up the pipe too. It will be amazing how much yucky stuff comes out.

Here's my pile of grossness. It's not the worst I've had, but it's still pretty gross. Throw it away, screw your pipes back together, and bleach everything in sight.

Ah, much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment