Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kid's Artwork Display

 I have a confession... I am a terrible mother who throws away pretty much everything my kids make because I can't stand the clutter. I have kept a few choice peices, but most of the time it goes straight in the garbage can after they're in bed.
I realized this was a problem when I asked them what they were drawing one day and they said, "A picture. But it's for grandma because she doesn't throw them away."
Ouch.
I really want to encourage my children to be creative and express themselves. I want them to develop their talents. Most of all, I want them to know that I value who they are and the things they do.
So we needed a solution. A place to showcase their artwork without clutter taking up my house.
And here we are.  A peice of wood and some clothespins. Brilliant.


See these adorable clothespins? Perfect for pinching fingers.

 Here it is in action! It was seriously hard for me to find pictures to put on there for display purposes because I had just thrown so much stuff out!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I need to make some of those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to make these FOREVER! Hopefully I will find the motivation once it warms up. Yours turned out great. Did you rearrange their room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!! I am going to have to do this!

    ReplyDelete